News and Events
- SALCO is the proud recipient of the South Asian Bar Association of North America’s Public Achievement Award and Foundation Grant in 2016
- SALCO recently release an updated Forced Marriage Toolkit with new legal information, policy recommendations, and case management tips
- Minister for Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada announces that the Conditional Permanent Residence program will be cancelled shortly
- SALCO is optimistic about the creation of Ontario’s Anti-Racism Directorate
- No! To Criminalization of Forced Marriages: A Statement.
"...a feminist budget must also be anti-racist, or else the government would end up privileging a certain segment of the population while leaving groups that already experience pre-existing structural inequities in worse shape."
Check out this Op-Ed piece written by our Executive Director, Shalini Konanur, the Executive Director of the Chinese and Southeast Asian Legal Clinic, Avvy Gao, and the Director of the Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants, Debbie Douglas.
October 17 is recognized by the United Nations as the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Colour of Poverty – Colour of Change (COP-COC) calls on all levels of Government in Canada to mark this day by committing to meaningfully address the interrelated issues of racism and poverty in Canada.